TRADITIONAL TEXTILE SKILLS AND THEIR CONTEMPORARY VALUE
A Long Weekend, four days between the afternoon of Fri 27th November and the morning of Tues 1st December, 2015 in the stunning and inspirational environment of Belmont House, Unst.
A friendly, relaxed, comfortable stay dedicated to the practice and values across the time honoured skills of hand-spinning, hand-knitting, hand weaving and felting.
• 4 half day workshops exploring the basics of the practical skills
• Equipment provided and materials included for small projects
• Visits to and from local practitioners
• Presentations and discussions highlighting the contemporary economic, environmental, social and political value
• Great food – all meals and refreshments provided
• A selection of related music, poetry and film
• Transport between Lerwick and Belmont included
• Cost per person: £550 for single room occupancy, £420 for shared room
This event is hosted by:
THE FAIR ISLE TEXTILE WORKSHOP AND FRIENDS
For more details contact Kathy:
t. +44(0)1595 760248
Or click CONTACT on menu on the righthand side of this page